Four Season Iron River, Wisconsin Northwoods Family Vacations and Lake Cabins at Delta Lodge!
Trails for these enjoyable pastimes are scattered throughout the area. The Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest provides endless trails for the biking/hiking enthusiast — for the more specific information about trails, contact their office or local Chambers. The North Country Trail offers hikers spectacular waterfalls, varied terrain, long vistas, and the ancient Penokee Mountain Range.
Two of the largest biking events in the U.S. take place in Bayfield County — the Grand View Firehouse 50, a 50-mile race which takes place in August (or late July) and the Chequamegon Fat Tire Festival, a 40-mile event that takes place at Telemark Resort in Cable and Hayward in September. Two mountain bike associations, CAMBA in Cable and BAMBA in Bayfield, offer marked and mapped trails.
- Valhalla Recreation Area, Washburn
- CAMBA Trails, Cable Area
- Forest Lodge Nature Trail, Cable
- North Country Trail, Cable
- Pigeon Lake Nature Trail, Drummond
- Big Bay State Park, Madeline Island
- Tri-County Corridor, 60 miles from Ashland to Superior
- Mellen hiking/biking trail, Mellen to Copper Falls State Park
- Lake Superior Waterfront Trails, Ashland, Washburn, Bayfield
- Swedish Settlement & Juniper Rock Overlook, North Country Trail
Rock & Agate Hunting
- Lake Superior Beaches – Cornucopia, Washburn, Herbster, Port Wing
- Penokee Mountain Overlook, Mellen
- Mt. Baldy, Herbster
- Northern Great Lakes Visitor Center, Ashland