The Mountain Bike Capital of the Midwest!
Delta Lodge Resort offers lodging near some of the finest mountain bike trails and bike races in the Lake Superior region of Wisconsin including CAMBA mountain bike trails, Chequamegon Fat Tire Festival and Grandview Firehouse 50 making our cabins a great destination for Wisconsin biking vacations.
The Chequamegon Area Mountain Bike Association (CAMBA) off-road bike trail system consists of over 300 miles of marked and mapped routes through a near-wilderness area of striking beauty and peaceful solitude in Northwest Wisconsin.
The CAMBA trails lie in and around the beautiful Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest as well as in Bayfield and Sawyer County Forests – nearly a million acres in which to ride your fat tire bike. Of this, CAMBA has adopted an area of approximately 1,600 square miles. The system is divided into six sub-systems, known as clusters, each with one or more trailheads. An overview area map of the entire system indicating the location of each cluster as well as other rideable gravel and on-road paved routes is available. More detailed maps of each cluster with trail routes are also available at area trail heads, bike shops, chambers of commerce or directly from CAMBA.
The Delta Cluster of CAMBA trails are easily accessed from the Delta Lake Park Trailhead just down the road from Delta Lodge. The West Fork Trail is over 11 miles of fantastic mountain bike riding rolling through pine barrens, tall red and white pines, and terrific single track.
Learn more about the mountain bike trails right out your door at Delta Lodge – CAMBA’s DELTA CLUSTER!
As you explore the CAMBA system in Bayfield County, you will ride through rolling terrain dotted with lakes, rivers, streams, ridges and meadows carved by glaciers during the last ice age. The entire system is heavily wooded and wildlife is plentiful. It’s not unusual to sight deer, bear, porcupine, bald eagles and a wide assortment of other forest animals. Wildflowers bloom from late May through the summer. From June through September, berry picking – wild strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries – can add a tasty diversion to your tour. The fall colors begin in late August and reach their splendid peak near the end of September and early October.
Valhalla Recreation Area, Washburn
- CAMBA Trails, Delta, Drummond, Cable, Namakagon, Hayward
- MT Ashwabay Trail Network, Bayfield
- Fat Tire Festival, Cable Area
- Forest Lodge Nature Trail, Cable
- Pigeon Lake Nature Trail, Drummond
- Big Bay State Park, Madeline Island
- Tri-County Corridor, 60 miles from Ashland to Superior
- Mellen hking/biking trail, Mellen to Copper Falls State Park
- Lake Superior Waterfront Trails, Ashland, Washburn, Bayfield
Challenge Your Skills with these Great Events:
- Cable Area Off-Road Classic – Saturday before Memorial Day
- CAMBA Fat Tire Poker Ride – First Saturday in June
- Chequamegon Fat Tire Festival – Second Weekend after Labor Day
- Firehouse 50 – First Weekend in August
- Chequamegon 100
- Seeley Lions Pre-Fat
- Fat Bike Birkie